I apologize for sending out a half written blog. I left my computer open and the little kitten must of ran across the keyboard and posted it for me, ha crazy cat!
It was exactly two years ago on the Fourth of July that I left the USofA for The World Race.
It was exactly two years ago that God wrecked me.
Now almost to the day God is sending me overseas again, tomorrow I move to Spain for 6 months for G42.
and exactly a month ago on June 4th, I wrote this blog about how I needed to raise $5,441 for this to happen.
Funds: In just a month God has blown me away with fundraising. I know of money still coming into my G42 account and with that He has provided beyond what I imagined. I am only in need of $2,000 now!! Lots of you guys have been asking me if you can still give once I leave and yes of course you can! I will be fundraising from Spain as well :] You can even chose to mail a check to my house here in Dallas if you prefer to do it that way- my grandparents will get it- just message me!
– safe travels: I fly from DFW –> JFK –> Madrid –> Malaga –> Mijas
– rest: a night of sleep and to be over jet lag in time for classes to start on July 9th!
– my family: it isn’t any easier to leave home the second time around. for their peace and comfort in knowing I will be home again soon.
– jail ministry: because of the holiday I wasn’t able to go into the jail this week to say goodbye to the girls. Pray they understand and are not upset. I already miss them a lot.
– myself: for God to continue to change the desires of my heart and align them with the desires of Him.
Ways to stay in contact:
and of course you can always Facebook me.
I want to leave you all with some encouragement. I have had some people lately say to me along the lines of- “OH I wish I could just drop everything and do what you are doing…” and to that I want to say He IS using all of us. We are all flawed human beings that can change the world alongside Jesus. I leave you with this quote from Katie Davis. She is a young adult who when she was only nineteen moved to Africa and became a mom to 14 young precious girls….
“It sounds beautiful, adventurous, even romantic in ways, right? It is beautiful. And the crazy thing is, it is so simple. Don’t misunderstand; it is not easy. But it is simple in that each and every one of us was ultimately created to do the same thing. It will not look the same. It may take place in a foreign land or it may take place in your backyard, but I believe that we were each created to change the world for someone. To serve someone. To love someone the way Christ first loved us, to spread His Light. This is the dream, and it is possible. Some days it is excruciatingly difficult, but the blessings far outweigh the hardships.”